(Mature Size: 36"T x 72"W) American Hosta Growers Hosta of the Year 2004,
- What can we say about this legendary hosta! If you don't own a 'Sum and Substance' hosta then hit the add to cart button now!
- Forms a giant mound of wavy chartreuse foliage that is corrugated and cups up and down.
- At up to nine feet across at maturity, 'Sum and Substance' Hosta is the most popular gold-leafed giant hosta.
- We have seen this hosta be absolutely enormous but also 2 feet tall and 3 feet wide where it was fighting for moisture with tree roots.
- Don't rob this hosta of its potential, plant in good fertile soil with good moisture retention.
- There is a picture on the hosta library with Van Wade standing behind his enormous clump. It is easily 45"T!
- Give this hosta deep fertile soil and adequate moisture then step back and enjoy!
- Can handle a lot of sun here in NH.
- This ideal specimen plant displays lavender flowers in mid-summer.
Why Should I Grow It? You want a very large hosta that visitors will gawk at.
(F. Shaw/P. Aden 1980)
Giant Hosta Cultivar
Size: 36 inches tall by 72 inches wide, or bigger
Type: Slug-Resistant Sun-Tolerant Hosta
Product Size: 4.5 Inch Container
We guarantee our plants to arrive in good, healthy condition and to be properly labeled. At the time of sale our hostas are guaranteed to be free of known hosta viruses and foliar nematodes. Your satisfaction is our goal so that you will continue to order from us and recommend us. If for any reason you are not satisfied, return your purchase to us within 30 days and we will refund the purchase price.