(Mature Size: 12"T x 24"W)
- A brilliant grass that absolutely glows in the shade!
- This all-gold version of H. macra is brighter in color than Hak. m. 'Aureola', has a more upright habit, and is reportedly a more vigorous grower.
- It tends to be more chartreuse in heavier shade, and brighter gold in more sun.
- Though this grass does spread by rhizomes, it is a slow grower and will not rapidly overtake its neighbors.
- Plant it where it can cascade down slopes, drape over rocks, crawl over the edges of walls, at the front of the garden, or even in containers.
- The yellow color contrasts nicely with blue hostas like 'Bluetooth' and 'Blueberry Muffin'.
- Hakonechloa is grown mainly for its beautiful foliage, though it does produce seed heads.
- Tiny, inconspicuous reddish brown flower spikelets appear in airy clusters from late summer thru early fall.
Hardy to zones 5-9. What's My Zone?
Size: 12 inches tall by 24 inches wide
Product Size: 4.5 Inch Container
We guarantee our plants to arrive in good, healthy condition and to be properly labeled. At the time of sale our hostas are guaranteed to be free of known hosta viruses and foliar nematodes. Your satisfaction is our goal so that you will continue to order from us and recommend us. If for any reason you are not satisfied, return your purchase to us within 30 days and we will refund the purchase price.