(Mature Size: 26"T x 63"W)
- Hosta 'Frances Williams' is a sport of H. 'Elegans' and remains one of the best-known cultivars of hosta.
- The large leaves are blue'green with a golden yellow border and really stand out in the shade garden.
- Forms a large mound of thick corrugated leaves.
- Was the most popular hosta for many years.
- The only downfall of this hosta is that it gets affected by spring desiccation or spring burn.
- The yellow part of the leaf develops areas of brown dying tissue due to excessive water buildup in spring.
- This condition occurs in spring before the leaves have hardened off and can be helped if kept from direct sunlight and excessive wetness.
- Even though the leaves are affected by this issue, this hosta is a tribute to one of the most influential people in the hosta world and belongs in every collection.
- White flowers in summer.
Why Should I Grow It? Beautiful blue-green and gold leaves make a great specimen plant.
(F. & C. Williams 1986)
Large Hosta Cultivar
Color: Blue-Green and Gold
Size: 26 inches tall by 63 inches wide
Type: Slug Resistant Hosta
Product Size: 4.5 Inch Container
We guarantee our plants to arrive in good, healthy condition and to be properly labeled. At the time of sale our hostas are guaranteed to be free of known hosta viruses and foliar nematodes. Your satisfaction is our goal so that you will continue to order from us and recommend us. If for any reason you are not satisfied, return your purchase to us within 30 days and we will refund the purchase price.