(Mature Size: 12"T x 24"W)
- Hosta guru Bob Solberg has been determined to develop a hosta with red in the leaf and he succeeded with this hosta.
- Hosta 'First Blush' not only has green leaves with red petioles that extend into the leaf blade but also a thin red margin around the leaf.
- The most exciting thing about 'First Blush' is that in spring the leaf between the veins will start to "blush" red from the tip of the leaf down toward the base.
- Bob says the leaves remain red in NC until temperatures surpass 92 degrees, usually into June. The color should persist longer in Northern gardens.
- Pale purple flowers in late summer.
Why Should I Grow It? It's Red!
(R. Solberg 2016)
Small Hosta Cultivar
[(Solberg 48/49 sdlg. × H. 'Beet Salad')]
Color: Green Leaves Blushed with Red
Size: 12 inches tall by 24 inches wide
Type: Red-Leafed Hosta
Product Size: 4.5 Inch Container
We guarantee our plants to arrive in good, healthy condition and to be properly labeled. At the time of sale our hostas are guaranteed to be free of known hosta viruses and foliar nematodes. Your satisfaction is our goal so that you will continue to order from us and recommend us. If for any reason you are not satisfied, return your purchase to us within 30 days and we will refund the purchase price.