(Mature Size: 48"T x 70"W)
- Hosta 'Empress Wu' is a seedling of 'Big John' that is colossal in size.
- This semi-upright grower forms an impressive mound of thick, corrugated green leaves.
- Leaves have a glaucous coating in spring giving a blue-green appearance.
- The wavy green leaves of 'Empress Wu' are said to be the biggest hosta leaves ever!
- Can grow bigger than listed size if in ideal location of fertile soil with good moisture retention.
- If grown in poor soil expect a clump 30"T x 50"W.
- Be patient with this hosta. It gets big but not overnight. Will take 5 to 8 years to reach a mature size.
- Very pale lavender flowers appear in mid-summer.
- We have a cream-margined sport of 'Empress Wu' called 'Wu-La-la' that has the same size with a more colorful leaf!
Why Should I Grow It? You want the biggest hosta in the neighborhood to show it off!
(B. & V. Skaggs 2008)
Giant Hosta Cultivar
[H. 'Big John' × H. 'Big John']
Color: Medium Green
Size: 48 inches tall by 70 inches wide as big as 50"T x 100"W
Type: Giant Hosta
Product Size: 4.5 Inch Container
We guarantee our plants to arrive in good, healthy condition and to be properly labeled. At the time of sale our hostas are guaranteed to be free of known hosta viruses and foliar nematodes. Your satisfaction is our goal so that you will continue to order from us and recommend us. If for any reason you are not satisfied, return your purchase to us within 30 days and we will refund the purchase price.