A Book That Every Serious Shade Gardener, Hosta Aficionado, And Horticulturist Should Own!
Mark Zilis takes the mystery out of selecting, growing, breeding, and propagating hostas in his 2014 book, Field Guide To Hostas. He describes the 272 most important hostas in existence, using vibrant photographs, measurements and astute comments to illustrate his choices.
Field Guide To Hostas delves into topics of interest to hosta growers such as nomenclature, taxonomy, history, and hostas in the wild. These features - along with a thorough discussion of problems faced by hosta growers and the value of various trees, shrubs and companion plants - make this a book that every serious shade gardener, hosta aficionado, and horticulturist should own.
Here's what you'll receive in Mark Zilis' Field Guide To Hostas:
- Ring binding and light weight for ease of use and durability
- Featuring the 272 most significant hostas with photos
- 2300 more hostas listed by category, many with photos
- New views of hosta species
- Up-to-date information on growing, propagation, sport selection, and tetraploid formation
- An appendix with information on trees, shrubs, vines, companion plants, and much more
- A comprehensive HOSTA PROBLEM SOLVING GUIDE
7 1/2" by 8 7/8", 428 pages, 1200 color photos, laminated soft cover, ring binding
Field Guide To Hostas makes a great gift. Just let us know that this book is a gift and we'll enclose a gift card.
Order yours today for just $49.00 and get Free Shipping in the United States!
We can ship The Field Guide to Hostas internationally for an added shipping cost. Please contact us via email and we can estimate the costs for you.