(Mature Size: 14"T x 24"W)
- 'Sandy Claws' has a similar leaf shape to 'Spine Tingler' but forms a larger plant with long, lance-shaped leaves and spiny margins.
- Newly emerging foliage has dramatic maroon coloring unique to the shade garden.The color mellows to dark green by summer.
- The cream-colored flowers contrast beautifully with the brilliantly colored foliage.
- Epimedium is a tough plant that will survive in nearly any shady location.
- Though it prefers rich, moist, woodland soils with a neutral to slightly acidic pH, it will adapt to a wide range of conditions. It will even grow under large, thirsty trees.
- This plant is a slow grower, so mulching around the plants will help to keep the weeds away.
- Trimming off all of the old foliage in late winter will make room for a fresh flush of leaves and may increase flower production.
- Epimedium can be divided in early fall and is rarely troubled by pests or diseases.
Hardy to zones 5-8. What's My Zone?
Color: Cream Flowers in Spring
Size: 14 inches tall by 24 inches wide
Type: Hosta Companion Plant
Product Size: 4.5 Inch Container
We guarantee our plants to arrive in good, healthy condition and to be properly labeled. At the time of sale our hostas are guaranteed to be free of known hosta viruses and foliar nematodes. Your satisfaction is our goal so that you will continue to order from us and recommend us. If for any reason you are not satisfied, return your purchase to us within 30 days and we will refund the purchase price.