(Mature Size: 10"T x 12"W)
- This steady performer has everything you could want in a fern-leaved bleeding heart: astonishing vigor, sun and heat tolerance, bright rose heart-shaped flowers that appear from late spring into fall, and lacy, soft blue-green foliage.
- Unlike the Old Fashioned Bleeding Heart, 'King of Hearts' will not go dormant in midsummer as long as the soil is kept moist. Rather, it will enchant passersby all season long.
- Though this variety can tolerate more sun, Dicentra is most at home in woodland settings.
- It likes rich, loose soil that is evenly moist but also well-drained.
- At planting time, add lots of compost, humus, or peat moss to the soil to enhance its water retention capabilities.
- Plants will not grow well in heavy clay soils.
Why Should I Grow It? A beautiful companion plant for hostas.
Hardy To Zones 5-9. What's My Zone?
Color: Pink Flowers in Late Spring/Early Summer
Size: 10 inches tall by 12 inches wide
Type: Hosta Companion Plant
Product Size: 4.5 Inch Container
We guarantee our plants to arrive in good, healthy condition and to be properly labeled. At the time of sale our hostas are guaranteed to be free of known hosta viruses and foliar nematodes. Your satisfaction is our goal so that you will continue to order from us and recommend us. If for any reason you are not satisfied, return your purchase to us within 30 days and we will refund the purchase price.